Friday, October 28, 2011

10/28 - Murph!

Today was Murph!  Since it was (finally!) a public holiday here we only had one workout scheduled though with the sign up it turned into two (8am and 9am start times). 

Murph is one of *the* benchmark Crossfit workouts.  It consists of...

1.6 km (1 mile) run
100 pull-ups
200 push-ups
300 squats

1.6 km (1 mile) run
runs at beginning and end break up the middle however you want.
53:52 (red band only for *all* pull-ups, knees for push-ups)

I felt good having completed this workout - it was a chaotic dance for the 26 of us who did the workout at 8am.  All plans went out the window when bar space was free off I'd go to get in some more pull-ups.  I tried to get these done early in the WOD when bar space was free but after 70 my hands hurt - I'd ripped one of my calluses so grabbing the bar was torture. 

The only plan I stuck to was to bang out reps in sets of 10 at a minimum though when I started to realize that I'd been avoiding the squats I started doing 20- 40 at a time because there was so many.  This wasn't a killer workout but just a steady keep on moving workout...  I didn't really look at the clock that much just kept moving from pull-ups to push-ups to squats to whatever was next.  The runs pretty much sucked - thankfully it wasn't too hot but during the first 600m to the road and back it was disheartening to know you had to retrace those steps before you were done with the 400m stretch behind the building in the middle.  I was just steady on this, one step at a time. 

I'm glad to have finished this WOD - going in that was all I was aiming for - and doing it under an hour was great.  Next time I'd like to go faster and think I'll have a better idea of what I'm in for.

Now, I fix my poor little hands...  ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment