Thursday, December 1, 2011

11/29... doing 'Annie' again

WOD #1 
Sprint for time
200m forward
100m backward
100m forward
100m backward
300m forward
4:04

I crossfit because I dislike running very, very much so this WOD really sucked especially since my legs are just.so.tired.still.  I don't know how or why but alas.  I did it.  The 100m backwards legs were hard - totally different muscle group than normally gets worked and man did I feel it.  Then the transition to forwards again - jello legs!  It was nice to be out in the sunshine though around the back of the building getting this done.

WOD #2
“Annie”
50-40-30-20-10
Double-unders
Sit-ups
8:17 (PR by 36 seconds!)

I was both excited and terrified to do this WOD again especially since I'd just done it for the first time last Saturday (4 days before).  I rocked the double unders the last go round so I knew that it'd be a hard time to beat if I didn't do that again and put a lot of pressure on myself.  I think this pressure resulted in me tripping up on the 50 reps a few times (rather than just once last time) but my DU's are definitely getting faster and overall more consistent with the speed rope so I was still able to fly through.  The sit-ups killed.  Third day straight of solid ab work - those muscles are rock hard under there somewhere - haha - one day...  Still managed to PR which was solid, I'm hoping to add this WOD as a more regular feature in my workouts (can be done anytime/ anywhere) and to hopefully get my time below 7:30...

WOD #3
Tabata Squat

Yup, singular - S-Q-U-A-T... one squat - slowly lowering for 10 seconds, slowly straightening for 10 seconds... ouch!  The last four we did as OHS with a PVC bar overhead - my arms were shaking like jello, it was quite funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment