Friday, March 16, 2012

3/15 - 2012 Open WOD 12.4

CrossFit Games WOD 12.4
12 min AMRAP
150 wall-balls (6kg/9kg)
90 double-unders
30 muscle-ups
126

Really, really, really wanted to get to the double-unders but didn't get through the wall balls in time.  I'm not disappointed - still think I *can* do better but given that this was only the second time I've done wall balls and it took me some time to get into the rhythm of it I'm content.  I struggled for the first bit with catching the ball and then flowing right into the next rep, often times the ball would come off close to the wall and rather than use my energy to try and catch it I'd let it drop which in hindsight probably cost me a lot of time - pacing is huge on this one.  I may or may not try it again tomorrow (right now my quads say no).  If I do I think I'll go into it with more of a game plan - aim for 20 reps in each of the first two minutes (possible?) perhaps 15 for a few minutes then 10's.  I think if I had this target to get (like with the burpees) then it might help to eliminate rest/ push through.  Probably still a dream goal but I'd like to give it a try.

One thing that really helped me as I started to get tired was to aim for above the men's 10' line which meant I was clearing the 9' women's line every time because getting called on a no rep after all that energy really sucks.

It was really inspiring to see Angie and Kirst do the WOD in the class after - I stayed around to watch.  Those girls are amazing and hardcore.  Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment