Wednesday, April 4, 2012

4/3 - Pull-ups!!! Rx-ed!!! (half) "Cindy"!!!

Gymnastic skills:
5 x 10 beat kicks
5 x 10 dips
5 x 10 L-holds

This was fun.  The L-holds are getting easier it seems and the beat kicks are fun (except the part where they hurt my hands).  Was fun to do more dips (muscle up practice) but I used a heavier band (orange) because I was SO SORE (caps required) from Monday's WOD.

WOD: “Half Cindy”
10 min AMRAP
5 pull-ups
10 push-ups
15 squats
6/1 Rx!!

This was a ton of fun mostly because I did it Rx and didn't die.  I was quite happy to be able to do unassisted pullups through out even if they were in sets of 2's and 1's (occasionally 3's).  This was the first time I've fully Rx-ed pullups throughout a WOD - usually it'd just be a few reps each round or whatnot so I was super stoked.  Like Coach Pete said... (paraphrased)... you'll get better doing less rounds unassisted than more rounds scaled.  So I did.  I was hoping for 5 so was quite pleased with the 6.

The push-ups (Rx!) were super tough after the pullups, I think because there were 10 to struggle through while the pullups with only being 5 were done quicker.  The squats were fine, steady all the way through.

I liked this.  Still glad today is a rest day since my chest and upper back (traps/lats) are tight from Monday.  I need a massage unfortunately not happening this week due to easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment